In my previous post, I mentioned about Windows 8 new features and enhancements and Now Windows 8 developer preview is available for download. This is a developer preview edition or you can say pre-beta edition for Software testers and application developers. Also, a general PC user can also experience it. This windows 8 release has the touch support and you can experience this feature if you have a display that supports multi touch. However it is pre-beta edition so it may not be stable or operate correctly so use this preview edition for testing purpose only.
Windows 8 Developer Preview edition
This developer preview edition also includes SDK and related applications. However there is an option to download this release with or without development tools.
Windows 8 Developer Preview edition works efficiently on the same hardware configuration that powers Windows Vista and Windows 7. The Approximate System Requirements should be:
- 1 GHz Processor
- 1 GB RAM (32 bit)/ 2 GB RAM (64 bit)
- 32 GB Hard Disk
- A Normal Graphics Device (DirectX 9)
Points to Note:
- You can not uninstall the Windows 8 Developer Preview edition. If you want to restore your previous Operating System then you’ve to reinstall it, Just like a simple windows installation. However you can keep your Files, User Accounts and Settings If you’re installing The Windows 8 release without developer tools.
- The Windows 8 developer preview has touch support and you can use it if you have a display that supports multi-touch.
- The Windows 8 developer preview is delivered as an .iso image for download.
- According to the information displayed by the OS after installation, It is set to expire on March 12, 2012.
|Windows 8 Developer Preview with Developer Tools||English||64 Bit||4.8 GB||.iso||Download|
|Windows 8 Developer Preview||English||64 Bit||3.6 GB||.iso||Download|
|Windows 8 Developer Preview||English||32 Bit||2.8 GB||.iso||Download|
Product Key: 6RH4V-HNTWC-JQKG8-RFR3R-36498