How do you feel when you tell your Personal Email address to somebody or you mention your email address on your Public profile, Your Office Database or on Your Resume`? To create an Email Address isn’t a tough process but to create a good sounding, easy to remember email address may be a thoughtful process. Remember a Good Email address gives you a good impression and it will be easy for others to remember your email address so that they can send you an email anytime without checking their contact list.
Choosing a Good Email ID
Create Two Email IDs
First you have to understand that creating Two email addresses would be an excellent Idea. Create One ID for your Personal purposes such as Social media, Forums Registration, Newsletter Signups, Job Sites and to communicate with your Friends and Family members. And the second email address for professional purposes such as to communicate with your office staffs, Connect with your clients, Video conferencing etc. Keep in mind that you should not get any unnecessary mails on your professional email address. I guess you’ve it or you’ll get a pro email address from your current employer, but that email is not the permanent one. As soon as you are relieved from the company, your email address will get deleted.
Choosing a Good Name [ID]
Be careful when you’re choosing the name for your email address. some good suggestions are mentioned below:
- Try to create the ID of your name. Say your name is Amit Kumar then you can try choosing the ID ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ if it is not available then you can try email@example.com.
- Choose the name that will not embarrass you later. Yes, Some people tends to be very creative with their email IDs like ‘coolguy’, ‘loverboy’, ‘hotnhorney’, ‘angel’, ‘space_hunter’ , ‘dragon.killer’ etc. Later these kind of IDs may embarrass you. So you’ll have to dump this and create a new one. Personally I don’t like to create numbers of IDs So, better choose a good name instead of creating multiple IDs.
- ESPs like Yahoo! and hotmail provides email alias such as ymail.com, rocketmail.com, live.com etc. There, you can also search your desired name.
- Also, avoid creating your ID with any year name or Age such as amit2011 or amit.kumar24. One day 2011 will be past and amit will be an aged person. So, later your ID may not sound very good. Choose these kinds of names only if you’re not able to get your desired ID.
- You can also choose your email ID related to your niche. Being a Tech blogger I can choose ‘TechBloggie@xyz.com’ . So, try to find email ID under your Niche.
- Also, don’t forget to compare mobile versions of Email. A Better mobile version will give you more productivity and ease of access.
Second thing is to choose your Service provider. Well, it deepens on your needs. You shouldn’t choose a email service provider because your Friends or the person that you admire is using that. Also, we should always choose a popular ESP because of their reliability. As of now there are some good ESPs providing excellent support in Free such as: Hotmail, Yahoo! Mail, AOL, Gmail and Rediffmail. Also, you can create your account on all these email services provides to see their Service offerings and User Interface. Later you can decide which one suites you most and you can start using it.