Your PowerPoint Presentation should be different and Unique from the others. What are the key terms behind a stunning PowerPoint Presentation? This post outlines some important terms to create a good, attractive PowerPoint Presentation. Have a Read.
I’ve divided this Post in two Parts, First is Design Part and Second is Content Part.
[Image Credit: 123RF]
Get Some Inspiration
Before Designing a PPT file you should get some idea about latest PPT designs. You can visit Slideshare to get extra ordinary experience of PPT designs and definitely it will inspire you to create a Stunning PowerPoint Design.
Design Your own Template
Templates available in MS Office PowerPoint are very common and widely used so If you design your own template because it’ll be new for everyone and I’m sure that a good Design will attract people’s attention. To Design an attractive PPT template:
- Know the Purpose of your Presentation. PPT Presentations presented in Schools and Colleges are different from Business and Technical Presentations. So, you should design your Template according to the Topic and Place of the Presentation.
- Avoid Cheap and Roughly Designed Images. I strongly believe that your Presentation should have a feel and Good Images can add that desired feel to your Presentation. So, always choose images with positive look and feel. You can get good images from Deviantart and websites providing Royalty Free Images.
- Choose colour combination wisely. Your PPT Presentation should have a specific colour combination. To get Best colour combinations you can visit sites like Adobe Kular and colorcombos.
To keep your Presentation Simple and Attractive, Text Placement should be chosen wisely. For Headings Font Size Should be 36 to 40 and body part of the text should be of font size 24-26. You can also try Vertical and 3D Text Placements but It should be Placed carefully and should be clearly readable.
The Biggest Question is how many Slides your PowerPoint Presentation should have? If you’re confused about the numbers then you can try 10:20:30 Rule, which means 10 slides, 20 Points, 30 Minutes. In Brief create 10 powerful PPT slides, add 20 most useful points and take 30 minutes to present it.
Remove Un-necessary details
If your PowerPoint Presentation is presented on projector, People should be able to view all the mentioned points from the last row of the presentation room. It is always better to delete un-necessary details from the PPT File. You can do it when you’re reviewing your Presentation.
Avoid too much use of Bullets, Underlining and Animation.
Use of many Bullets, Underlining and Animation may create your Presentation bulky. I can not tell exactly when you should be using bullets, Underlines and Animations but what I can say is: These things should be limited. After designing your presentation you can ask your Friends and Relatives to give a honest review so that you’ll get to know that where you have used more Bullets, Underlines and Animation.
Use Graphs, Symbols and Tables
Instead of Using too much Bullets, Underlining and Animation you could use Graphs, Charts and Smart Arts. These things will definitely add a glamour to your Presentation and will be easily visible for everyone.
- Do not experiment too much.
- Stick to your Idea.
- After Finishing, Ask your friends and relatives to give a honest review to your PowerPoint Presentation.