Splash data has released a press release which states about most hacked & worst passwords used in year 2012. Passwords such as ‘123456’, ‘password’, ‘qwerty’ are most easy to guess passwords. Also, Most of the passwords were present in most hacked & worst passwords used in year 2011.
The new additions in 2012 password list are ‘jesus’, ‘password1’ ‘ninja’, ‘mustang’, ‘welcome’. Indeed, the list published by splash data will spread awareness among users and certainly every internet user should not use their passwords which matches with data mentioned in the list.
Worst Passwords used in 2012
If you’re using any of the mentioned passwords anywhere, consider changing the same immediately.
Tips for choosing a Strong Password
- It should not be one the passwords mentioned in worst passwords of 2012
- It should not be you name/nickname or any dictionary word
- It should not be you date of birth, Driving License, Passport number or any similar data
- Do not use same password for different accounts.
- Your password should be a combination of lowercase, uppercase, numbers and special characters. For example: gQ!8Yn_B@5
- Keep your password in your mind, not on any paper. If necessary store your passwords in encrypted environment.
- Test your password with password cracker tool
- And, you should choose a password that you could remember so that you don’t need to reset the same every time.
- Good Read