Before you start thinking anything, let me explain, So.cl [Social] is an experiment in open search by Microsoft. That means your searches on So.cl are viewable by other So.cl users and will also be available to third parties. so.cl project is still under beta version and it is not opened for public yet, but you can apply on so.cl website to create your account on so.cl beta version.
Quick Fact about Microsoft’s so.cl
- Yes, The URL is so.cl
- so.cl is an experimental open research project, developed by Microsoft’s FUSE Labs, focused on exploring the possibilities of social search for the purpose of learning. So you should keep in mind that so.cl is not a dedicated social network, It actually differs from genuine Social networks such as Facebook, Twitter and Google+.
- So.cl combines social networking and search to help people find and share interesting web pages in the way students do when they work together.
- You can create rich posts using so.cl by assembling montages of visual web content.
- So.cl provides rich media sharing, and real time sharing of videos via video parties.
- The team so.cl has also said that user of so.cl should continue using Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn and other popular social tools. so.cl encourage users to reimagine how everyday communication and learning tools can be improved by researching, learning and sharing everyday lives.
- Now, so.cl is open for all. It means anybody can visit the so.cl website and apply for invitation to get an account.
- People who wish to be more involved with so.cl project, write to: <Socl@microsoft.com>.
- Also, don’t forget to checkout other social experiments of Microsoft’s FUSE Labs, Kodu, Montage, and Docs.