WordPress has released its update version 3.4 ‘Green’. The name Green is named for guitarist ‘Grant Green’ and the new version highlights Enhanced theme control options, Custom headers, Support of HTML in image captions etc. In this post I’m trying to understand the new features of WordPress 3.4 and how can I extract 100% of these features.
Most Attracting Change: Theme Customizer
Theme Customizer is the most attracting feature in WordPress 3.4 Green. Theme Customizer allows us to try various looks and settings for the current theme and you can customize any theme you want. Meaning you don’t need to install any special built theme to use Theme Customizer in WordPress 3.4.
Theme customizer is pretty easy to use. Go to themes options and on the themes description page you’ll see a customize link below your current theme.
As mentioned, when you click on Customize button, You’ll be redirected to theme customization page and there you can edit Site title and tagline, Background color, Background image, Navigation and Static Page Option. Also, Team WordPress have planned much more for the customizer down the road.
The other important enhancements of WordPress 3.4 are listed below:
- Support HTML in image captions
- Add Twitter.com as an oEmbed providers. It means the Twitter API will allow a website to display embedded content.
- Properly reflect the language on RSS feeds
- Dashboard Widgets are available for translation
- Help Tabs improvements
- Remove Recently Updated from Plugins widget
- Improve the Recent Comments dashboard widget performance on sites with large amounts of comments
Indeed, WordPress 3.4 Green has completed a milestone with its new and attracting features and as always all the WordPress users will love it in their very own way. For me, It’s a big smile. 😀
Please share your comments.
WordPress Codex [WordPress]
WordPress 3.4 Green [WordPress]